Downers Grove, IL 60559 US
VDC (Virtual Design) Technician Needed:
We are seeking an energetic VDC Technician with a thorough knowledge of either Sheet Metal principles or piping and plumbing detailing and system installation throughout a broad spectrum of building types. The ideal candidate will have experience with building-related projects, hospitals & medical buildings, industrial manufacturing plants, schools, retail, and commercial buildings, etc. and capable of performing all aspects of the VDC drawing process beginning to end.
- Knowledge of sheet metal systems, air designs, piping or plumbing detailing. This includes sizing and layout of systems.
- Willingness to travel to jobsites for field walk downs and occasional project meetings.
- Create 3D models of sheet metal systems to comply with client and company standards.
- Generate construction documents from 3D Models. Knowledge of BIM.
- Develop flow diagrams
- Participate QA/QC processes
- Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Drafting degree is a plus, but with the proper field experience it is not mandatory
- Technicians must have experience in the construction coordination process and production of drawings for Coordination, Fabrication, and Installation of systems.
- Basic knowledge of design tools involved in production of plans, sections, P&ID’s, and equipment schedules.
- Basic knowledge of building codes.
- Previous experience with 3D modeling software. Autodesk Fabrication and Revit is the primary software we use. We can provide training on both if the candidate is proficient in other AutoCAD software. (i.e. QuickPen, TSI, Sysque, or other specialized Fabrication software.)
- Understanding of piping disciplines is a plus, but not mandatory. Candidates with sound experience in Sheet Metal may be eligible for training within piping disciplines.
- Experience producing mechanical design drawings for engineering review and permitting is a plus.
- Experience working with Navisworks is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication needed.
- Ability to develop plans/ISOs from P&ID layouts.
- Skillset to quickly adapt to strict VDC standards and processes.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of database management is a plus, but not mandatory