Site Quality Specialist
Akron, OH 44301 US
Our Construction global practice has an immediate need to support a program consisting of a combination of small to moderate size transmission, substation, and communication projects. The Field Technician will report directly to the Closeout Team Lead and is responsible for supporting project closeout requirements within a specified time frame, establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, subcontractors associated with any project.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with project teams for site visits to perform assigned tasks
- Perform Quality Assurance Review of field documentation, test reports and document management
- Coordinate with the field teams to resolve any non-compliant documentation
- Track status of documentation and drawings
- Perform site inspections for Project Managers and Engineering requests for information (RFI)
- Data Collection
- Process Development
- The Staff Site Quality Specialist is responsible for the implemented quality program on projects to confirm projects are fabricated/installed, examined, tested, and documented in accordance with the project specifications, governing codes of construction and contract documents.
- Assist the Construction Quality Section Manager with managing and mentoring quality personnel relative to the scope, complexity and logistics of work.
- Understand and utilize project specifications to proactively support successful fabrication/installation of product and service as well as work with engineering on project related alignment between construction and engineering.
- Proactively support the successful implementation of the Construction Quality Plan, including key processes (e.g. document Mgmt., Material Mgmt., Special Processes, etc.) and when necessary elevate opportunities to the project lead.
- Develop Inspection and Test Plans with collaboration from the project team.
- Assist the responsible Construction Quality Manager to review and confirm compliance with of the subcontractor Quality submittals as required, and their Inspection and Test Plans.
- Lead preparatory meeting and communicate the contractual quality requirements to the subcontractors so that quality objectives are understood and may be achieved.
- Staying ahead of installation activities and communicating any complexities associated with upcoming work.
- Monitor and when required, Inspect fabricated/installed products and services to confirm they are in compliance with project specifications and drawings and results documented, as required.
- Monitor fabrication/installation of product and service to proactively support compliant product. - Review quality verification documents to confirm all attributes are addressed as they are issued and confirm compliance with the specifications and drawings.
- Manage the "punch list process" and when required, perform acceptance inspections of completed items.
- Manage weekly quality meetings with client, and subcontractors.
- Responsible for recommendations, enhancements and changes to the Confirm conditions adverse to quality (non-conformances) are identified, segregated, documented, dispositioned and tracked through acceptance and closure.
- Assign Welding Procedure Specification to the applicable weldments.
- Assist in the set-up and tracking welder to weld traceability.
- Track project quality metrics.
- Confirm the project turnover deliverables are populated and correspond to project activities.
- Comply with all Safety & Health requirements and monitors construction activities to ensure adherence to safety standards.
- Participate in the Task Safety Observations (TSO's) process and define corrective measures for problem areas.
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- 5+ years of high voltage transmission line or substation project experience
- Must have detailed knowledge in substations, networks/telecommunications, or transmission lines.
- Strong document control skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend schematics and engineering drawings
- Proficient with computers and strong background in Microsoft Excel and other database platforms.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of NERC / FERC requirements is a bonus but not required.
- Ability to travel.
- Valid driver's license required and must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.