North Chicago, IL 60085 US
Position Title: Designer – Piping Design
Location: Waukegan, IL
The focus of the position will be to organize, prepare physical design sketches, drawings, material releases and other documents from pre-contract Sales support through customer acceptance of deliverables to achieve quality, schedule, and cost commitments, as well as targeted contract profitability. The Designer will also be involved in and responsible for the processing of LiDAR data, including evaluating accuracy and sufficiency, and ensuring compliance to applicable project and company expectations related to processing of LiDAR data.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated capabilities in collaborating with others to perform engineering tasks within a team environment. Work experience with a privately-held company will be beneficial.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Designer will:
- Prepare all assigned design work for contracts and proposals as directed by the Piping and Pipe Support Engineering (PPSE) Supervisor, Principal Designer or Piping Lead Engineer within schedule, budget, and quality guidelines.
- Collect and register of data related to LiDAR point clouds
- 2D drafting and 3D design using the LiDAR point cloud environment
- Has knowledge of applicable design codes such as ANSI B31.1 and OSHA.
- Displays positive attitude and learning characteristics, ability to complete assignments in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Conduct special assignments as requested by the PPSE Manager and/or Supervisor
Education and Experience:
- An Associate degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Surveying or Architecture, or comparable experience.
- 3-5 years CAD design software or comparable experience in piping.
- 0-3 years with LiDAR registration and classification
- Experience with intelligent piping design software (Plant3D, CADWorx, AutoPLANT, etc.).
- General business acumen
Characteristics and Skills:
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including 2D/3D CAD software and MS Office
- Strong organizational, listening, writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend prints, plans and specifications.
- Ability to multi-task; cope with the demands of simultaneous activities.
- Must be willing and able to travel 25-50% of the time depending on assignments
- Working conditions while traveling
- Work hours are usually an 8-hour shift with possibility of overtime
- Exposure to outdoor elements (cold, rain, snow, heat)
- Ability to travel freely within the United States and internationally as needed
- Ability to obtain TWIC card.