Akron, OH 44301 US
The Assistant Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist will assist in developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data for a wide variety of professional services. This position will assist in a variety GIS analysis, GIS data development, GIS data maintenance and data preparation for use in GIS systems and regularly communicate project status to our customers, as customer service is a key component of the Assistant GIS Specialist position. The Assistant GIS Specialist will work closely within functional teams to deliver GIS data and GIS services to our clients, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, sense of urgency, and continuous improvement.
- Assist with GIS analysis, data development, data collection and mapping for client projects while supporting both internal and external project teams.
- Assist with GIS metadata creation, digital feature extraction, land survey records search, and ownership data research from various sources.
- Assist in the projections and transformations for geospatial project deliverables.
- Assist in the creation and updating of new and existing GIS maps and map layers.
- Assist with GPS data collection, editing, and post-processing for high accuracy data specifications using ArcGIS in support of field surveys.
- Assist with georeference raster and vector data.
- Assist with ad hoc analysis and recommendations to meet or exceed the business goals, quality, billability, and utilization.
- Assist with quality assurance and quality control of deliverables to adhere to client and project requirements.
- Assist GIS system needs and requirements to implement improved work methods.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Utilize various software packages and information from various sources (MS Access databases, MS Excel spreadsheets and documents such as deeds, field notes etc.) to create GIS maps to support field personnel as well as for deliverables.
Bachelor's degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or closely related science field. Geographic Information System professional certificate preferred not required. Position requires ability to work independently demonstrating accuracy, reliability, and problem-solving skills.
Additional clearance needed for site or project: U.S. Citizen or Green card required (H1B is not acceptable). Candidate needs to pass background check on arrest record and driving record. Candidate needs to pass drug screening. US citizenship or Green card requirement.
Skills & Knowledge
- Microsoft Office
- Esri Products
- Arcpy and Python Basics
- Technical Writing
- Team Leadership
- Project Coordination
- Quality Control
- Public Speaking/Communication
Possibility of going direct: Yes – conversion may take place after 1 to 2 years based on performance and market factors.