Houston, TX 77001 US
- Business Development - Support Assists business development activities by maintaining an up to date personal profile and resume. Builds positive working relationships with external parties such as the customer, suppliers, and contractors. May be involved in networking, negotiations, strategic alliancing, and cost savings efforts. Supports proposals by developing the cross-discipline execution strategy, estimating and reviewing hours / costs, writing and reviewing proposal content, and presenting to customers. May be called upon to lead all or part of a proposal.
- Business Operations: Supports the business by communicating team resource loading and skill requirements to the Discipline Managers. Ensures the project work is covered for vacation and unplanned absences. Mentors/trains and supports the delivery of training. Participates in the employee performance review process. Facilitates coverage of activities when people leave the team. Encourages knowledge of and compliance with requirements and processes. Works to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and customer issues. Ensures discipline technical work and team activities meet all health, safety, environmental, and security requirements
- Technical Competency: Ensures team member adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications. Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates. Contributes to the understanding of legal requirements and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful. Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence. Ensures checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Project Execution: Participates in project execution strategy and planning. Drives innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence. Owns the engineering plan and project scope/cost/time requirements, makes certain the discipline teams meet expectations, and coordinates the disciplines to ensure project success. Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with other members of the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability. Plans inter-discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Project Deliverables: Facilitates data gathering and the preparation of engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc. Aids recommendations and facilitates creation of final documentation. Owns the system where technical issues are defined with alternate solutions, pros/cons established for multiple solutions, and recommendations made through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc. Monitors that final documentation incorporates all relevant information and customer approval is obtained. Reviews and authorizes work done by direct reports.
- Procurement Support: Monitors that relevant information is incorporated into equipment/material specifications, data sheets, testing requirements, and material requisitions. Facilitates bid clarifications, bid evaluations, inter-discipline vendor information review and approval, and other certification activities. Reviews and authorizes work done by direct reports.
- Site Support: Seeks input from knowledgeable sources and monitors that constructability, operability, and maintainability reviews are incorporated into engineering/design. Works with site personnel to resolve issues. May create plans or documents that supports construction, testing, commissioning, operations, maintenance, or decommissioning. May provide or lead on-site support for construction, commissioning, or turn over.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Trained in leadership and project execution. Will be actively licensed with a local engineering governing body where required by law preferred.
- Training in risk management or quality preferred.
- Has a strong understanding of cross-discipline work, interfaces, and sequencing. Well versed in project setup, instituting work processes, monitoring a team, execution, and closeout. Skilled in estimating project costs and writing proposal content. Adept at budgeting and cost control.
- 15+ years of relevant discipline experience and 5+ years in project leadership.
- Decision Making As a member of the Project Management Team, recommendations relate to processes, systems, and project execution strategy. Empowered to make the necessary decisions to achieve the engineering goals in line with the execution plan and with the approval of the Project Manager when there are deviations. Alternatives to technical design are normally contained within the disciplines to ensure accordance with standard engineering principles and company policy. Endorses proposed engineering changes prior to submission to Project Manager/customer.
- Supervision Received Operates with broad management authority, receiving minimal technical guidance and control.
- Supervision Authority Cross-discipline Lead Engineers and Lead Designers on the project
- Effectively communicate and present complex proposals and reports to senior or executive level management. Participative management style with a cooperative team approach. In highest tier, leadership skills in multi-cultural/national environments.
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint. Can organize information from many sources and retain as per the prescribed format and policies. Has functional awareness of cross-discipline tools. Experienced in coordinating the establishment/use of integrated tools and delivering the benefits of data centric engineering.
- Competent in Microsoft Access and Visio. Able to touch type.
- Assume hands-on management and implementation of all relevant company HSE requirements. Drive Safe and Sustainable engineering outcomes throughout the asset lifecycle via the application of SEAL. Role-model a commitment to personal well-being and a pro-active approach to continuously improving health, safety and environmental performance.