St. Louis, MO US
Sr. Electrical Estimator
The Senior Electrical Estimator will be responsible for leading complex multi discipline estimates for both field and pre-fabrication construction projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients. This position will advise the estimating manager and estimating director regarding the complexities and risks involved with these multi discipline proposals, and present accurate estimates in a credible and professional manner while minimizing risk to the company.* Consult with clients, procurement, subcontractors, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues. * Interface with Procurement and Operations to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates. * Manage the centralized cost estimating database and data models. Create a formal process to support cost estimating and ensure historical data is utilized. * Review completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and recommend improvements to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs. * Review cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts. * Research historical data to develop and establish suggested labor units for each proposal and related to cost data or effect cost reductions from similar historical project actuals data. * Lead the estimating strategy and implementation efforts to help department continuous improvement. * Review and approve project summary schedules for validity. * Manage workload scheduling to ensure timely completion of deliverables. * Maintains compliance with estimating methodology ensuring quality estimates are produced. * Review DOR completion, assignments, estimating quantities, and scope of project. * Review small and disadvantaged business solicitations and evaluations. * Manage subcontractor solicitations, quotes, RFP compliance, clarifications, exceptions, and evaluations. * Lead communication and implement feedback from operations/prefabrication team (execution plan, achievable construction and prefabrication schedules etc.) regarding each estimate. * Review and approve specialty and standard equipment pricing. * Responsible for the review of final estimates before management review and present the estimate to internal and external clients. * Lead estimate turnover process to operations/fabrication teams. * Manage cost history, data base management, and estimating process. * Make recommendations as to fee, contingency, and escalation. * Prepare and present estimating data for risk review process. * Review commercial terms and conditions with legal counsel and address risk issues. * Review and validate value engineering items, alternates, and options. * Validate accuracy of estimate clarifications and assumptions. * Review documents for gaps and overlaps in scope of work. * Provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to less experienced staff. * Responsible for QA/QC process adherence. * Responsible for compliance with company and site safety policies.* Performs other duties as assigned * Complies with all policies and standards
- Candidate MUST have an experience as an Electrical Estimator.
* Bachelor Degree Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field and 7 years of direct project Electrical estimating experience Required or Applicable experience may be substituted for degree requirement Required.
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Software experience such as Quotesoft, Accubid, Oracle, and PowerBI desired.
* Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, various construction disciplines, cost control systems required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
* Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work independently or in groups, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.