Electrical Designer Staff
Kansas City, MO 64114 US
Client’s is looking for a Staff Electrical Designer to join our growing team in the Oil, Gas, and Chemical Global Practice.
This position offers the opportunity to exercise your design skills, plan and produce 2D/3D drawings, and showcase your leadership talents through coordination, communication, and execution of projects.
The Staff Electrical Designer will work on a diverse portfolio of projects with various clients in the Oil, Gas & Chemical industries to perform the following duties:
- Design grounding, duct bank, cable tray, area class, and lighting systems from concept to completion.
- Plan and develop a full range of electrical deliverables including plan drawings, installation details, and section/elevations.
- Perform calculations for lighting, conduit, cable tray, and duct bank.
- Develop 3D models of electrical components such as cable tray, lights, duct bank vendor equipment, etc.
- Develop schematics and one-line drawings from engineering sketches.
- Follow all company, client, and project design and drafting standards.
- Execute, organize, and maintain project revisions to designs and drawings in a logical and well-structured manner.
- Interpret and apply applicable codes and specifications related to design requirements.
- Complete and review design drawings within scope, budget and schedule.
- Coordinate drafting and design efforts with both internal and external clients and vendors.
- Develop and grow industrial construction knowledge and field experience.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and seven years related experience or associate's degree and eight years related experience or nine years progressive detailing and design experience.
- Three or more years of refinery, gas processing or pipeline experience is preferred but not required.
- Must be willing and eligible to obtain or currently hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Good understanding of NEC, Electricity Basics, Industrial Construction, Industrial Facility Safety and CAD Standards.
- Experience utilizing 2D and 3D design programs (AutoCAD, SmartPlant 3D, SmartPlant Review, Navisworks, Visual Lighting). SmartPlant 3D experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Strong knowledge in the theory and practices of electrical design; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to electrical; and capable of operating electrical design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.