Sioux Falls, SD 57101 US
Position Title: Drafter
Location: Sioux Falls, SD, USA
The Drafter will be responsible to prepare detailed engineering diagrams of manufactured products, machinery and mechanical equipment or devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this role will collaborate with the Global Product Management Team to design permanent handling equipment, and with the Sales Execution team to support order fulfilment. The role will also closely work with the engineering, marketing, sales, and manufacturing teams to ensure the integrity, reliability, competitiveness, and profitability of the permanent handling product lines.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies, tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery using computer-assisted equipment.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Confer with customer representatives to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to installation of systems.
- Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Associate’s degree (two-year college or technical school) or equivalent related experience). Bachelor degree preferred.
- 2+ years related experience preferred.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD is mandatory
- Drafting and design skills with metal fabrication, material handling equipment, and grain systems.
- 3D SolidWorks design and drafting.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical and technical skills/knowledge
- Proficient with MS Office Applications
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP systems