Sterling, VA 20163 US
Senior Field Service Engineer
A Senior Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing preventative maintenance, repair services, and commissioning support on low, medium, and high voltage (Up to 500kV) electrical systems. The Senior Field Service Engineer is required to have a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and components, as well as a fundamental understanding of the tools and processes required to complete system maintenance and repair activities.
A Senior Field Service Engineer is responsible for delivering high quality service and customer satisfaction, as well as, working well with the team and providing support/coverage as per business needs.
- Provide high-level technical service to all customers, to include engineering support, assist with network topology planning and system controls design functionality.
- Provide customer support and work with the project engineers, other system engineers, end-users, to assist in developing cost effective methods for an efficient SCADA controls design and system solution. Work with essential/key team members to understand their systems requirements to ensure the correct IP infrastructure, points list, critical alarms, and scaling set points are integrated as designed.
- Knowledge/understanding of HMI system integration concepts and SCADA applications.
- Update company BMS/EPMS standards, specifications, management, philosophies, duties, and responsibilities.
- Work on construction sites, assisting the site controls engineer with BMS system deployments, validations of design and installation, PLC code development & deployment, ventilation, chiller plant alarming, monitoring of feedback associated with valves, fans and controls associated with BMS system and integration.
- Knowledge of SCADA, BMS, and PLC systems and low voltage controls systems and how they operate within the BMS/EPMS umbrella.
- Assist in validating BMS system sequences of operation and alarm points. Validate and provide CX support for system testing and point to point verifications during levels 1 through 5 commissioning.
- Develop and implement QA procedures to ensure quality control performed by others is properly implemented throughout projects.
- Write detailed daily reports pertaining to jobsite milestones related to mechanical engineers and integration on BMS projects.
- Develop ISA data sheets for temperature, level, flow, and pressure transmitter/sensors, along with control valves, positioners, and other types of mechanical instrumentation.
- Perform inspections, testing and commission facility monitoring systems.
- Be willing and able to run a BMS field team.
- Coordinate project work internally within the department and externally with other departments to ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- B.S. in an engineering-related discipline (preferred in mechanical or electrical engineering) or 5 years of field experience.
- Field service experience, preferably with the following programs/software: Rockwell Factory Talk; Tridium; Schneider Electric: Powerlogic/Struxureware; Siemens: Apogee; Ignition: Inductive Automation; Eaton Networks; Field Servers; Jace Controllers; Bacnet; Niagara.
- Minimum 2 years of system integration experience working in a role as a team lead or project manager.
- Ignition certification is a plus.
- Experience in the mission critical data center sector is highly valued.
- Must have a working knowledge with MQTT-Sequel Server-Ignition core protocols.
- Knowledge and experience with the Power User Level of Windows and the associated skillset.
- Understand electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams, control diagrams, prints, MOP-building operations, understanding of electrical theory, chiller control circuits and industrial HVAC systems.
- Solid foundation of all communication protocols-Modbus, Modbus-TCP, etc.
- Must have excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be organized, and have good problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage large scale controls projects, specifications, track project schedules, and customer requirements.